Rikon Mini Wood Lathe Review
Even if you have a Lathe machine in your workshop, you might still need a mini wood lathe. This works more like a power tool and it enables you to complete various types of work. Rikon is one such brand which manufactures mini lathes and in this review, we are going to talk specifically about Rikon 70-100 Mini Wood Lathe. This is an ideal product for the workshops with the scarcity of space.
Rikon Mini Wood Lathe Review
Even though it is a mini lathe, there is no compromise on the list of features. It is a good machine for the professionals and it does the job extremely well. You can make stuff like hollow vessels, drawer pulls, bottle stoppers bowls, and a lot more with the help of these mini-lathe.
To know more about this product, read the full review below and decide to buy this lathe machine or not.
Basics of Rikon Mini Wood Lathe machine:
The first thing that we would like to mention here is that even though this is a mini wood lathe, this still functions pretty well. It is good enough to deal with a swing of 12 inches and at the same time, it can also deal with blocks of 16 inches. The lathe features a 6 step motor along with a spindle pulley which enables you to get different spindle speeds. It is quite easy to change the speed of the motor and you also get a tool holder integrated into the wood lathe.
One amazing feature of this lathe is the self-injecting tailstock which enables you to remove the centre in the easiest possible say. This certainly saves a lot of time for you and it really adds a lot of value. You can attach multiple attachments with the lathe and this gives your ability to work with the large pieces as well.
The motor in this lathe is that of half horsepower but it doesn’t feel underpowered at all. There are variable speeds which vary from as slow as 430 rpm and it goes all the way up till 3900 rpm.
The list of the features is endless. We would recommend you to go through the list of pros and cons to know more about Rikon Mini Wood Lathe.
Pros of Rikon Mini Wood Lathe:
Some of the pros associated with Rikon Mini Wood Lathe are listed below.
- User-Friendly– This is one of the most user-friendly lathes that you will find in the market. It is very easy to use and there are features which are going to make it even easier to use this lathe. Features like Faceplate Washer, Knockout Bar, tool Holder and Flip-up Handle are a blessing
- Variable Speed – We have already talked about this feature and the fact is that the lathe has variable speed limits. You can set anything between 430 rpm and 3900 rpm which give you a diverse range of speeds to work with.
- Versatile – There is a lot of versatility associated with this mini-lathe. Things like indexing head help you in getting the job done and the 12 position indexing head also helps you in getting the detailed job for your projects. There is hardly anything that you can’t accomplish using this lathe
- Saves Time – Because of the fact that there are many user-friendly features associated with this lathe, you end up saving a lot of time when you are working on major and minor projects. This enables you to save a lot of time and complete the task quickly.
- Warranty – The brand offers 2 years warranty on this lathe. Most of the brands offer only 1 year warranty on their products but Rikon went ahead and provided extended warranty support for its customers.
Cons of Rikon Mini Wood Lathe machine:
We have already talked about the pros associated with Rikon Mini Wood Lathe. We would now talk about some of the disadvantages associated with this machine.
- Heavy Weight – The lathe is quite heavy which makes it difficult to move around. It is surely not portable. This is majorly because of the heavy duty metal that is used in the wood lathe and it is certainly worth the trade-off.
- Customer Support – Some of the customers have mentioned slow customer support. This is certainly a disadvantage associated with the lathe. You might get a slow response and slow delivery of replacement parts.
This was all about the Rikon Mini Wood Lathe. You can check out the details and you can go through the pros and cons to get a fair idea of this lathe. This way, you can decide if you would really want to invest in this lathe or not. We will leave the final decision on you and we are sure that you have all the information that you need about Rikon Mini Wood Lathe.