The first thing that you will probably notice about the Grizzly Wood Lathe G0632 is the design. Yes, this is one of the sturdiest wood lathes around in the market and it is made of steel. The basic construction has four legs of cast iron along with a steel bed. It is going to be one of the most durable purchases that you will ever make.
Grizzly Wood Lathe G0632 Variable Speed Review
The lathe can be used for major and minor projects that you have to do. A lot of professionals, as well as DIY hobbits, use this lathe. If you are confused while considering Grizzly Wood Lathe G0632 then you are at the right place because we have listed a short review of Grizzly Wood Lathe G0632.
To know more about this product, read the full review below and decide to buy this lathe machine or not.
Basics of Grizzly Wood Lathe G0632 Variable Speed machine:
In terms of the general features, Grizzly Wood Lathe G0632 is well equipped and you would not really feel as if there is something missing. The motor is strong and you would not face issues with overheating since the motor is a fan-cooled motor. In addition to this, the motor is also dust resistant and hence there is no maintenance that is usually required to keep things running.
The overall dimensions of this lathe are 77 inches x 22 inches x 47 inches approximately. The weight of the lathe is around 394 pounds which is certainly a lot heavier than the other products available in the market. You also get a 1 year warranty on this lathe which is the standard across the industry.
Check out the pros and cons associated with Grizzly Wood Lathe G0632 in the section below.
Pros of Grizzly Wood Lathe G0632 Variable Speed:
Grizzly Wood Lathe G0632 is one of the best lathes that you will find in the market. There are tons of pros associated with this lathe and we have listed some of them below.
- Variable Speed Control – The first thing that you are going to love about this lathe is the variable speed control. It is very easy to control the speed and you can adjust the speed between 100 rpm to 3200 rpm. This makes it really easy for you to carve the wood or to polish the wood. You get the desired finish because of this kind of variable speed control.
- Sturdy Motor – The motor of this Lathe is really sturdy. It is virtually a maintenance free motor which is also resistant to dust. You do not have to oil the moving parts or you do not have to do any laborious job to maintain the motor. The heavy winding inside the motor ensures that the speed remains constant even under heavy pressure.
- Fan Cooling System – One issue that you will face with most of the lathe is that of overheating. The machines will get over heated after a certain period of use and you will have to stop for a while before you can continue the usage. This lathe is slightly different because of the fact that the motor is fan cooled. This ensures that the motor remains cool and there is no wear and tear associated with the motor of the lathe.
- Sturdy Design – We had been talking about the design of the lathe for a long time and the fact is that the design is very sturdy. Even after a long time of usage, it will remain like a new lathe with no issues at all. You will not notice any sort of rusting. Moreover, the lathe is also very stable.
- Digital Readout for Speed– This is a common feature that is available in most of the lathe. This lathe also comes with a digital readout which helps you in ensuring that you are aware of the speed that you are working at.
Cons of Grizzly Wood Lathe G0632 Variable Speed:
We couldn’t really find a disadvantage associated with Grizzly Wood Lathe G0632 except for one. Check out more details below
- Heavy – The fact is that this lathe is quite heavy. It is difficult to move this machine around but we believe that this is a trade-off that you will have to adjust with because of the sturdy design.
So it is now time to conclude this review. We would like to mention that this is one of the best wood lathes that you will find in the market and it is really something that you should invest your money in. Even after long term usage, you will feel as if you are working on a new lathe. If you are in the process of upgrading your lathe then this is one such product which you will never regret buying.