Grizzly H8259 Wood Lathe Review
A lot of people love to get creative with pieces of wood and they are actually able to create stunning art pieces with these small pieces of wood. One of the basic requirement for such people is a lathe machine. These lathe machines can make it easy for people to be creative. One such lathe machine that is specifically designed to work with wood is Grizzly H8259 Wood Lathe. The machine is very precise and it can be adjusted to suit your requirements. The machine comes with a powerful motor and there are several adjustable levels. But wait, if you are planning to purchase this lathe then you can check out this short review and this will help you in deciding if you want to buy this particular lathe or if you want to look for another machine.
Grizzly H8259 Wood Lathe Review
Basics of Grizzly H8259
To give you a basic idea, Grizzly H8259 is designed for the people who love to work in DIY projects. You can only work on materials like wood with the help of this lathe and this machine offers you excellent precision while you are working on it. It is one of the best for beginners. The dimensions of this best wood lathe are 33 inches x 17 inches x 12 inches and it is powered by 110 volt motor. The speed of the motor can be adjusted between 826 rpm, 2105rpm, 1713rpm, 2422rpm and 3337 rpm. The package includes Tool Rest, Spur Centre, Live Rolling and Wrenches.
Pros of Grizzly H8259
Some of the undeniable advantages of Grizzly H8259 are listed below. You can check them out now.
- Speed and Feet – This lathe features a variable speed setup. This is certainly a very useful feature and what this does is that it helps you in adjusting the rotational speed which means that you will be able to get the desired finish with desired precision. In addition to this, the levelling feet can also be adjusted to get more stability.
- Powerful Motor – The motor of this lathe is very powerful. To give you an idea, the lathe features a 0.5 Hp motor and this gives a lot of strength to the motor. You can make smaller as well as medium objects.
- Add-Ons – We would not really call it an add-on but the fact is that this lathe comes with all the required pieces. This means that you would not end up spending extra money on the add-ons or on the essentials that you need to work with the lathe.
- Build Quality – Another important point about Grizzly H8259 is that the machine is really built to last. The build quality is superb and you would not face any issues while using the machine. It is highly sturdy and it works as per the expectations.
- Pricing–If you are looking for the lathe that is affordable then this would be the end of your search. We say this because Grizzly H8259 is available at a very affordable price and this is one of the greatest advantages of the machine. There are some offers available on Grizzly H8259 as well which makes it really an attractive purchase.
Cons of Grizzly H8259
Like each coin has two sides, Grizzly H8259 also has some of the cons. You need to look at the trade-off and you need to understand if it is okay to purchase Grizzly H8259 or if you need to opt for a different machine. Here are some of the cons associated with Grizzly H8259.
- Size of Objects –The first thing that you need to know is that you can only work on small and medium-sized objects with this lathe. This is not really made for working on a large object and this might be a turn-off for some people. Understand the kind of projects that you are going to work at and make the decision accordingly.
- Portability – One more thing that we do not like about Grizzly H8259 is that it is not very portable. The machine is certainly heavy but we believe that this is true for most of the lathe available in the market.
If you had been waiting to look at our opinion about Grizzly H8259, then let us tell you more about our thoughts before we conclude the review. According to us, this lathe is good enough for DIY small scale projects. It can prove to be really handy and if you are a professional who needs a lathe then you need to consider some of the points. This includes understanding that you will only be able to work with small and medium-sized objects. In addition to this, you might need certain breaks in between to ensure that the motor doesn’t become too hot. With all these points in mind, you can make a well-informed decision and we are sure that you will choose the best lathe for yourself.
- Sturdy Build
- Variable Speed
- Adjustable Leveling Feet
- Necessary items come with the package
- Affordable Price
- Good for smaller projects only
- Not easily portable
- Motor tends to get hot, but a break will solve it