It is really fun to create amazing artifacts from the wood blocks. One thing that can help you in commercially producing such things is a wood lathe. It can quickly help you in getting the desired shape and it can easily take care of the heavy work. The wood lathe can help you in ensuring that you get the right finish and at the same time, it also reduces the workload for you. If you are looking for a lathe for such purpose then one such amazing product that you can consider is Delta Industrial 46-460 Midi Wood Lathe.
Delta Industrial 46-460 Midi Wood Lathe Review
This lathe is made for professionals but beginners can also use this lathe machine to produce their masterpiece. If you are planning to consider this for purchase then you might want to go through a review of the lathe.
To know more about this product, read the full review below and decide to buy this lathe machine or not.
Do not forget to check our list of best mini wood lathe
Basics of Delta Industrial 46-460 Midi Wood Lathe machine:
Talking about the basics of Delta Industrial 46-460 Midi Lathe, it is a reliable partner in the workshop. This has an extension bed of 25.5 inches and the main body of the lathe is designed with cast iron. This gives a lot of stability to the lathe even at high speeds. The tailstock of the lathe has a fixed tail spindle and there is also a tool post available in the lathe.
The overall power of the motor is 1 horsepower and hence it has a lot of strength as well. The speed of the lathe can vary from 250 rpm to 4000 rpm which gives you a range that is perfect for finishing and even sculpting the wood. You can easily use this lathe to work on pieces that are longer than 12 inches.
Refer to the pros and cons of this lathe in the next section to understand more about Delta Industrial 46-460 Midi Wood Lathe Machine
Pros of Delta Industrial 46-460 Midi Wood Lathe:
Some of the Pros that we would really like to talk about are listed in this section. Go over them one by one.
- Variable Speed – The lathe has variable speed and you can adjust the speed between 250 rpm and 4000 rpm. By default, the machine starts at 1700 rpm which is quite a comfortable speed to work. The speed can be adjusted easily and as per the information available, there are 3 speed settings available in the lathe.
- Precision – The lathe is highly precise and that is one of the best partsof this model. You get an exceptional quality of finish because of this precision. Working with it is easy and because of the high power motor, the efforts are reduced significantly. The precision and accuracy is the key here.
- Sturdy – This model is made of cast iron which gives a lot of strength to the lathe. Because of this, the lathe doesn’t vibrate at high speed and you find it easy to control the tools. The wear and tear are minimal so you do not have to worry about changing the parts frequently. The only maintenance that you would need ona regular basis is the cleaning of the lathe
- Face Plant and Tool Rest – In this lathe, the manufacturer has also integrated a 3 inch faceplate which protects you from the shaving. The lathe also has 2 tool rests. The dimensions of the tool rests are 6 inches and 10 inches. All these are certainly add on features which makes it easy for you to work with the lathe
- Warranty – The warranty applicable on this lathe is 5 years which is way beyond what other brands offer their customers. The 5 year warranty helps you in ensuring that you do not encounter any issue during the lifetime of the lathe. The product is certainly designed by keeping long term usage in mind.
Cons of Delta Industrial 46-460 Midi Wood Lathe machine:
This lathe also has some of the cons and we have listed the cons as per the feedback shared by various uses. Go through the details.
- Heavy Weight – Going by the specs, the weight of this lathe is around 97 pounds so if you are looking for something that is lightweight, well in that case, this machine is surely not for you. The plus point here is that the lathe has a lot of durability which is mainly because of the build quality and the weight.
This was all about Delta Industrial 46-460 Midi Wood Lathe. We hope that the pros and cons of this wood lathe listed above will help you in making an informed decision. One thing that surely goes in the favor of this lathe is the long warranty which is coupled with a powerful motor and versatile specifications.